Latvian Institute of Organic Synthesis (LIOS) is offering permanent position of the head of LIOS Innovation Hub. The position is offered within the call HORIZON-WIDERA-2022-TALENTS-01 ERA Chair project Natalion.
LIOS Innovation Hub will perform technology transfer office functions within LIOS. It is supposed to offer advisory, commercialization and fundraising services to LIOS researchers to bring the results of their research to the market.
|Project||Natural Products Research at Latvian Institute of Organic Synthesis as a Driver for Excellence in Innovation|
|Type of contract||permanent|
|Employment type||Full time|
Evaluation criteria and methodology for the recruitment of the head of LIOS Innovation Hub (download).
Responsibilities and obligations
- To establish and lead the LIOS Innovation Hub.
- To ensure full functionality of LIOS Innovation Hub:
- Scouting LIOS research to identify early signs of commercial potential;
- Structuring and formulating LIOS service portfolio;
- Evaluating the commercial potential of LIOS inventions, incl. technical and economic feasibility;
- Development of IPR strategy for LIOS inventions and subsequent patent filing and maintenance;
- Providing advisory service to LIOS researchers on different technology transfer aspects, business plan development, fundraising for PoCs. Where necessary liaison with external service providers shall be ensured (e.g. lawyers, accountants, BD experts);
- Marketing of LIOS inventions and services to potential customers;
- Negotiating the deals for licensing, IP Assignments, spin-outs and contract research.
- To commit for full period of Natalion grant.
- To adhere to ethical standards.
- To respect contractual and legal obligations.
- To act according to professional standards.
- To have flexibility in working time.
- To have stability of employment.
- To have safe and up-to date work environment (incl. the right to define the necessary infrastructure).
- To enjoy equal non-discriminatory treatment throughout career development path.
- To freely choose (short-term) mobility.
- To choose measures for professional development.
- To receive agreed upon remuneration.
- To have rights to complaints and appeals.
- All the above mentioned responsibilities, rights, and obligations are enforced by employment contract and LIOS internal rules and regulations.
- Basic salary EUR 46 000,- p.a. before tax.
- Health insurance.
- Dedicated funding for training and short term mobility.
Applications must be in English and include
- Motivation letter, particularly outlining experience in technology transfer;
- CV, describing education, experience in research environment, background in technology transfer, leadership and management skills, legal and business background, experience in IPR management, leadership and teamwork skills, experience in research fundraising.
Recruitment Committee members
- Prof. Stefano Donadio, ERA-Chair holder, LIOS
- Prof. Aigars Jirgensons, LIOS Deputy Director for Science
- Dace Kārkle, LIOS Deputy Director of Administration, Finance and Law
- Asst. Prof. Emilio Parisini, the head of LIOS Biotechnology Group
- Zanda Jurjane, Executive Director of Association of the Latvian Chemical and Pharmaceutical Industry