Latvian Institute of Organic Synthesis and international scientific journal “Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds” is looking for the
Layout Designer / Proofreader
”Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds” is an international scientific journal that publishes reviews, original articles, and short reports covering investigations on the chemistry of heterocyclic compounds. The journal was founded in 1965 and is published by the Latvian Institute of Organic Synthesis.
- Work with scientific texts – design, editing, checking, preparation for publication;
- The layout of scientific articles and entry of corrections according to the edits of the scientific editor;
- Correction of graphic files;
- Participation in the creation of the journal issues within the competence
- Higher education in the chemistry-related specialty (master’s or doctor’s scientific degree);
- Very good knowledge of American English scientific language, knowledge of grammar and language style, writing and proofreading skills;
- Very good knowledge of Russian scientific language;
- Attention to details, ability to work with large texts and large amounts of information;
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word/Excel/Publisher, ChemDraw/IsisDraw), ability to learn new software;
- Positive attitude, accuracy, ability to work quickly;
- Organizational, time-management and prioritization skills working independently and/or in team;
- Experience in writing or editing of scientific texts will be considered as an advantage;
- Experience in scientific work in the organic synthesis laboratory will be considered as an advantage.
- Stable work in one of the best Latvian scientific journals;
- Friendly and supportive colleagues;
- On-the-job training;
- Full-time work in the editorial office (Latvian Institute of Organic Synthesis, Teika);
- Health insurance after the probation period;
- Remuneration 1000–1400 EUR depending on your experience, knowledge, and skills.
Send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 25, 2021.
If you decide to apply to any of the positions above, the Latvian Institute of Organic Synthesis will collect and store your CV and contact details.
We process this data for recruitment purposes only. We would like to keep this data until our open vacancy is filled. When that period is over, we will either delete your data or inform you that we will keep it in our database for future vacancies.