Dr. chem. Peteris Trapencieris
Laboratory of Organic Chemistry was developed in 2001. Nowadays it has employed 9 researchers, among them are 2 PhD students. Laboratory personnel is involved in publicly finansed as well as contract research projects. Researchers have gained expertise in new drug design and development, nitrogen heterocycle synthesis methodology and isolation of natural products and their investigation.
- Strumfs, B., Hermane, J., Belyakov, S., Trapencieris, P. Tetrahedron, 2014, 70, 355-362. Acyl migration from N to C in aziridine-2-carboxylic esters (DOI: 10.1016/j.tet.2013.11.052).
- Vendina, I., Parkova, A., Trapencieris, P. Heterocycles, 2014, 88(2), 1565-1572. o-Directed lithiation of acylated hydroxy-thiophenes (DOI: 10.3987/COM-13-S(S)91).
- Jaudzems, K., Tars, K., Maurops, G., Ivdra, N., Otikovs, M., Leitans, J., Kanepe-Lapsa, I., Domraceva, I., Mutule, I., Trapencieris, P., Blackman, M., Jirgensons, A. ACS Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 2014, 5(4), 373-377. Plasmepsin inhibitory activity and structure-guided optimization of a potent hydroxyethylamine-based antimalarial hit (DOI:1021/ml4004952).
- Kreituss, I., Rozenberga, E., Zemītis, J., Trapencieris, P., Romanchikova, N., Turks, M. Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds (Engl.Ed.) 2013, 49(8), 1108-1117). Discovery of aziridine–triazole conjugates as selective MMP-2 inhibitors (DOI: 10.1039/c2cc36225b).
- Borovika, D. Bertrand, P., Trapencieris, P., Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds (Engl.Ed.) 2013, 49(11), 1560-1578 (review). Synthesis of macro-monocyclic hydroxamic acids (DOI: 10.1007/s10593-014-1408-4).