Prof. Dr. chem. Edgars Suna
Laboratory of Advanced Technologies for Organic Synthesis was established in 2003. Laboratory comprises permanent employees as well as doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degree program students. Laboratory is involved in both publicly funded research and in Contract Research projects.
Publicly funded research mainly is carried out by PhD and master’s degree students under a supervision of permanent staff. The main research directions are as follows:
1. Development of new synthetic methodologies
2. Total synthesis of natural products
3. Medicinal chemistry, development of new antibiotics
4. Design of electroluminescent emitters for OLED technologies
Selected recent publications
1. Kinens, A.; Sejejs, M.; Kamlet, A. S.; Piotrowski, D. W.; Vedejs, E.; Suna, E. J. Org. Chem. 2017, 82, 869.
2. Sokolovs, I.; Suna, E. J. Org. Chem. 2016, 81, 371.
3. Berzina, B.; Sokolovs, I.; Suna, E. ACS Catalysis 2015, 5, 7008.
4. Mutule, I.; Joo, B.; Medne, Z.; Kalnins, T.; Vedejs, E.; Suna, E. J. Org. Chem. 2015, 80, 3058.
5. Sokolovs, I.; Lubriks, D.; Suna, E. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2014, 136, 6920.
6. Priede, M.; Kazak, M.; Kalnins, T.; Shubin, K.; Suna, E. J. Org. Chem. 2014, 79, 3715.
7. Lubriks, D.; Sokolovs, I.; Suna, E. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2012, 134, 15436.
Permanent Staff and experienced chemists are involved in Contract Research projects. Our people have a strong expertise in
1. Heat-to lead and lead-to-CD development;
2. Development of synthetic routes for large scale synthesis
Selected recent patents
- Dax, S. L.; Mencel, J. J.; Ozola, V.; Shubin, K.; Martjuga, M.; Suna, E. Novel Breathing Control Modulating Compounds, and Methods of Using Same. WO 2014/151462 A1, 25 September, 2014
- Dax, S.L.; Ozola, V.; Krasikovs, A.; Suna, E. Novel Methods for Preparation of (+)-1-ethyl-4-[2-(4-morpholinyl)ethyl)-3,3-diphenyl-2-pyrrolidinone and Salts Thereof. US2013/109854 A1, 5 May, 2013
- 3. Priepke, H.; Kuelzer, R.; Mack, J.; Pfau, R.; Stenkamp, D.; Pelcman, B.; Rönn, R.; Lubriks, D.; Suna E. 2-Aminobenzimidazole derivatives useful in the treatment of inflammation WO2012/076672 A1, 14 June, 2012